Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grand Cayman and Cozumel


Grand Cayman right when you get off the boat
On Seven Mile Beach
Things have been moving along and it is hard to believe that I have been on the ship for only a week today.  There is also a feeling that the ship has its own time.  The past week felt like 2 days but I feel like this coming month will feel like a year.  That being said, I got to visit a few more fabulous places and I haven’t had any shows that I was in so I really got to enjoy the past few days.  First of all, Grand Cayman has the most beautiful white sandy beaches I have seen so far.  The sand was so fine and white, the water was such a beautiful clear blue green and jumping into the ocean was so warm.  It really could be described only as paradise.  We first got there and only have a few hours in port so we walked directly to the well-known Seven Mile Beach and it is very neat to walk by the fish market of freshly caught fish and the cabanas with people underneath.  There was once again fresh young coconut if you wanted to get one.  We ended up finding that great spot on the beach about a mile away from the ship and spend about 2 hrs being lazy on the beach and swimming.  Really I think I could do that every day for the rest of my life.  Granted I did get pretty good sunburn even after I put on the 70spf block.  Bring on the tan!  Seeing as I probably will lose it all when we get to the Netherlands and NorwayJ All I know is that, Grand Cayman will be a place that I will go to again asap.  So after we had a wonderful day on the beach in Grand Cayman we ported in Cozumel, Mexico.  I have to say that this place is crazy fun but when I say crazy I mean crazy. We, meaning the girls since the boys were in rehearsal, got off the ship around lunch time and ended up doing some shopping and decided to get something to eat.  Madeline had been to Mexico before and known about this place called Carlos and Charlie’s and said that it is the epitome of Mexican festivities and I had nooooooo idea what was coming.  We walk in and sit down and this place is already sensory over load.  Everyone is throwing fake bugs at you, immediately you are crowned with a balloon hat while dodging the conga line, and two minutes within sitting down all four of us girls have a woman pouring some sort of fruity shot directly into our mouths.  Whoa.  At first I was a little overwhelmed with the festive people.  However, a few fruity shots and tequila shot later (Hey, when in Mexico) It was easy to get into the fun.  After our “lunch” we had heard about a crew only bar in Cozumel from some of the people we worked. “Built by ship crew for ship crew,” and it was nothing short of fabulous.  It was called the NO NAME BAR in the Hotel Barracuda and you first walk in and it was disguised as a quiet cigar bar with people quietly playing pool but once you walked to the back it opened up to the pool bar right on the ocean.  Wow…where am I?  We saw many people there that we worked with and sat down and dug our toes in the sand.  After a little while there was also sort of a 25 ft tall rock wall that people were jumping off into the ocean and after seeing many people do it and still come up alive I had to try it.J Needless to say, the rest of our day in Cozumel was spent at the NO NAME BAR just taking in the sun and swimming in the beautiful ocean.  I can’t say that it helped my sunburn though!!  I am glad I am getting this time now to enjoy a little bit of the Carribean because next week is going to be a busy show week for me.  My feature show, ENCORE, is going to opening and I have to tell you the dresses are yet again unbelievable.  At least if I just stink at my job, the audience will be dazzled with dresses!!  HA!
Taxi Ride to downtown Cozumel

Taxi Ride to downtown Cozumel

I thought this was an interesting way to advertise cigarettes

at Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel....oops.

Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel

NO NAME BAR in Cozumel

NO NAME BAR in Cozumel

NO NAME BAR in Cozumel
Tomorrow was start our second cruise and leave from Tampa tonight. Here goes another week.  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Deb Singer said...

Ah, No Name in Cozumel, I remember it well from my time on Carnival Destiny. I'm glad to see you're having a good time! :-)