Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Opening of Bob Mackey’s Broadway and Falmouth, Jamaica

Goodnight My Someone in Bob Mackey's Broadway
Seasons of Love in Bob Mackey's Broadway

Yesterday we opened our second show and I have stay say…two shows and two standing ovations.  The audience loved it and it was soooo much fun to do.  I got just a few pictures of the luxurious dresses and the set but there should be more to come.  The shows were at 8pm and 10pm and the 10pm audience was obviously more liquored up but definitely more fun and there was only one time where I really felt the boat rock to a point where I have to brace myself on stage.  Always an interesting thing to deal with while performing but it keeps you on your toes…pun intended.  Here are some pretty fun pics from the last dress rehearsal before the show:
getting ready for the show

first of seven dresses in the show
The Bob Mackey's Broadway set


After the show we all went out for drinks in the Crow’s Nest bar at the top of the boat.  Being dark we there wasn’t much of a view but I had two incredible martinis, both in which I have to figure out the recipes for, and I got them for $7. Oh ship life is going to be good.
Me, Sam, Madeline, and Chelsea in Jamaica
"No Problem Mon" cookies
Man on stilts leaning against a wall
Today we docked in Falmouth, Jamaica and I happen to have the next 4 days off since they are rehearsing shows I am not in!!  Woo hoo!  I went with the other girls in the cast (Chelsea, Madeline, and Sam) and didn’t get to spend too much time there because we docked late due to high winds.  Thankfully, our captain is super concerned about safety and I am OK WITH THAT.  However, I still managed to drink the water from a young coconut (one of my favorite things), see the good and sketch part of town, enjoy a Red Stripe Beer where it is made, and take a few pictures.  The place is neat but the sketch part was pretty sketch to us so we didn’t stay off the boat very long and ended up going back to the boat and sunbathing on the deck.  There was also a man in one of the gift shops just passing out coconut rum to everyone he saw and after he saw us four women he drained the rest of the bottle in our coconuts and we went back to the boat a little tipsy!!  HA!  In all I would say it was a good trip to Jamaica. 
Yep...that's our ship towering over the port in Jamaica
Young Coconut with Rum in it:)
Tomorrow…going to be on the beach in the Cayman Islands.