Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grandparents in the Caribbean


Sorry it has taken me so long to put up this post and that there are no pictures as of now.  Seems like the internet picks times it likes to work and right now one picture is taking about half an hour to upload and seeing as I pay for my internet usage I am not going to be doing that right now.  I am going to try to get on the internet tomorrow in Tampa and put up the pics for this post.  I also have some video!


 I am sitting here in bed after a double show day and a glass of wine while the ship is gently rocking back and forth in a cradling type of way thinking about how I am getting a handle of this.  It has been three weeks this coming Sunday and I am surprised with how fast this is going to go.  I am already almost 1/8th through my adventure!  However, I am beginning to miss a lot of people especially Joe and I am just thankful that I have the limited internet that I do.  That being said, it has been really comforting to have my grandparents (Ed and Jarmila Moore) on the ship with me for this last week in the Caribbean.  They have seen EVERY show I am in including the fact that we do the same show at 8pm and 10pm.  I also know for a fact that Grandma probably annoyed every single person she sat by during the shows saying “that’s my granddaughter” because people know me and I have never met them.  It is really cute and so far all of the shows have been great for them.  The entire casts looks for them in the audience and does the shows for them as well.  As far as our travels, we went to Key West again and this time I could get off the ship and let me tell you it was such a beautiful day and I was so happy to revisit that wonderful place.  We ended up taking a trolley tour that told us the history of the island (and since I am a geek at heart I LOVE that kind of stuff)  It was also go because it was covered because I am avoiding a sunburn at all costs. Let me tell you though, I am getting quite the tan which will be fading as soon as I get to Europe…oh well.  After our trolley tour of course we had to get some key lime pie so Grandpa and I got frozen and chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick that was featured of the food network (and may I geek out again and say that I watch the food network religiously)….and in case you were wondering it was delicious.  The next place we went to where I could actually get off was in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Initially we were all going to go kicking up to Dunn’s River Falls by Falmouth, Jamaica but there was so much turbulence that ship couldn’t get there and we had to port in Montego Bay.  It was so rocky that the water came out of the pool on the 11th deck.  Crazy! The grandparents decided they didn’t want to get off the boat that day but that didn’t stop me.  I went with a very large group of crew members to Devil’s Cove Beach and ended up playing sand volleyball and drinking Red Stripe on the beach.  Can I just say that Red Stripe tastes so much better in Jamaica!!!  All of that I am very ok with. 
Today is the last day in the Caribbean then there is 13 days at sea to get over to Europe.  That is going to be a long and rocky 13 days!!

Pictures will be up tomorrow so check back!!

No comments: